SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, May 1, 2008

FLAWLESS PERSONALITY: My EXCLUSIVE HipHossip interview with United States of America's TOP PRODUCER in the Hip-Hop music industry!

The Flawless world class famous Producer DJ TOOMP


Bernard Parks Jr, Myself and DJ Toomp

Clifford Watson of H.I.T.M Entertainment and Manager of award nominated rap group POINT BLANK and Tamara Shelly, Publicist and founder of Caiz Communications in Toronto.

Listen to this production credits clip as you read the story below to truly appreciate this story!!!!!!




DJ Toomp born Aldrin Davis
is an American record producer and DJ who works in Atlanta, Georgia. He is known for producing T.I.'s chart-topping hit, "What You Know." More recently, he contributed to production on Kanye West's Graduation, including producing the singles "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Good Life" with West, and the song "Say Hello" on Jay-Z's latest album American Gangster. He and hip hop veteran Bernard Parks, Jr. have launched their own record label called NZone Entertainment.

Bernard Parks Jr. the other half of the NZone Entertainment has music industry roots that reach back to the birth of the new Motown, Atlanta, GA. Parks was one of the masterminds behind Goodie Mob, Organized Noize and the Dungeon Family. He was an instrumental part of the creative explosion back in the early 90’s that gave birth to the music hotbed Atlanta is today. Parks says of his partner. “Me, I’m the aggressive one, I handle the business side and we balance each other out!"

DJ Toomp is known for his unique snares that can be heard on almost every single T.I. song he produced since early 2000s. He recently just earned his first R&B credit for producing "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time", a track on Mariah Carey's new album, and calls it a "dynamite of a song".

I met with DJ Toomp with a one hour notice at his downtown Toronto hotel. He was with his Manager and business partner hip-hop veteran Bernard Parks Jr. I sat down and we started our interview by asking him exactly how he started to love the art of producing. I joked about my own producing for fun and then I asked him six strategic questions......
  1. On how he began producing, he told me his dad was in a music group and he always looked at the back of LP's and albums to see who produced and who did what. His dad taught him quite a lot in the music business. I asked him some of my favourite parts in Kanye's songs and the special effects.
  2. On being known, I asked him if he had the need to be known? He said he's not the one to be known per say and that he has produced so many award winning artists like T.I, Pastor Troy, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Ludacris, Young Buck, Young Jeezy, 8Ball and MJG, Bone , Thugs n' Harmony, Missy Elliott, Mike Jone, L'il Jon and more! He's not one to dance in music videos. I believe some producers that did that were Diddy and Jermaine Dupri. He does not identify his tracks cos they have their own identity. Every Producer has their style. He talked about how he discovered Clifford Harris (T.I)
  3. MC Shy D was a rapper that gave him his big break by allowing him to tour alongside him. On his success today, I asked him what would Shy D say? He said Shy D is definitely proud of him and he thanked him for that early opportunity.
  4. What brings you to our Hollywood here called Toronto? He said he was working on a new album for Ludacris. Chris himself is here in Toronto filming a new movie.
  5. On becoming a Producer-Rapper, the phenomenom that became controversial by record labels when Kanye West decided to be a rapper after years of being known as a Producer. He said NO! He's already rapped and producing is what he loved doing.
  6. My final and big question was about Canadian Rappers. Granted that I lived in the USA for 24 years and moved here 11 months ago, I changed my 4 year old blog from a celebrity news blog to a hip-hop music blog as I noticed that Canada was lacking good hiphop coverage from the States and also for it's own rappers. I specifically asked Toomp if he was scouting Canadian talent and he replied that he was scouting talent around the world PERIOD!
So for you who has always wanted to get your demo to J.D, Killer Mike, Jazze Pha, Pharrell, Timbaland, Manuel Seal and more, DJ Toomp is accessible! I'm not saying the others are not but he has set up a portal on his MySpace site where you can send your demos! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE. This man is extremely busy, he is a 4-time GRAMMY award winning Producer who's work is just FLAWLESS!


Think DJ Toomp should hear your music? Maybe he can clean it up a little bit or even work with you on his record label? NZone Entertainment is here and he's looking for fresh new music. Canadian and other Hip-Hop Artists, you can submit your demos to the address below......Tell him you read his story here at Kemi's blog in Toronto!

SUBMIT ALL DEMOS TO :
N Zone Ent
675 Metropolitan Parkway SW
Suite4061
Atlanta, Ga 30310
404.753.6522

DJ Toomp's Wikipedia Profile
DJ Toomp's My Space page
DJ Toomp's PR Bio
NZone's MySpace site

Part One




Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive