SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

J.K. Rowling defends 'offensive and bigoted' Donald Trump's free speech #HNNImpact

J.K. Rowling
Credits: Dan Hallman/Invision

In a speech Monday at the PEN Literary Gala in New York, Rowling sharply criticized a recent petition circulating in the U.K. seeking to have Trump banned from entering the country.

"Only last year, we saw an online petition to ban Donald Trump from entry to the U.K. It garnered half a million signatures," Rowling told the crowd, which reacted with scattered applause and laughter.


"Just a moment," a smiling Rowling said. "Now, I find almost everything that Mr. Trump says objectionable. I consider him offensive and bigoted. But he has my full support to come to my country and be offensive and bigoted there." The audience applauded her.

Blog Archive