SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Friday, June 5, 2009

FOCK CAM'RON: MY RESPONSE TO ALLHIP HOP FANS ON THE CAM'RON BAN.


From Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo

The story on AHH

Dear All Hip-Hop fans, In response to all the comments on the Cam'ron ban I initiated here in Canada, causing a stir should not be a big deal as the genre still lives within my blog. Many of your readers feel that censorship of one US rapper is uncalled for. What Nas did with "Nigger" changing it to "Untitled" is the most dynamic aspect of this classic rapper and Cam can do the same.

Everyone should mind their own business in their community. My community is burning and on fire! If this is the least I do to protect my Canadian children from emulating lyrical content, so be it! For the people that call me racist and say Eminem's music is 10 times more violent, they need to check their stats. Eminem's lyrics are not emulating and he is very much welcomed in Canada. In fact I would buy his ticket here. He hasn't given any of his CD's a lyrical title to suggest gangsterism.

50, L'il Scrappy, Akon, and even Jay-Z all have past criminal records but they turned their lives around. They don't go around promoting titles that are inflammatory. For those who say 50 is banned in Canada, he is not as he came here last year to perform at MuchMTV. Is it too hard for Cam to turn kid's lives around too? No one's asking him to babysit my kids. My boys are 22, 18 and 8 but don't teach them that Crime Pays?

When all the gangsta rappers tone down their hard core "my freedom of speech is violated" crap, maybe they too can come across the border and make that Canadian cheese. Just ask Bobby Valentino, Young Joc and Rick Ross about last month. The only ones I sympathize with is Bone Thugs and Harmony who were turned away in 2008 because of some past lyrics. Creative as the album was, they have toned it down.

Billboard and Nielsen figures show Canadian hip-hop concert sales surpass U.S sales by all means and if you wanna be down with Canada, cut the violence shyt. It's affecting OUR own community. My advice to Cam'ron is to change that title, cut that crap. I'm not saying that Snoop and Master P's toning their music down is the answer but the kids over here mimic the US rappers.

Your readers may want to know I have lived in Canada two years and the last 29 years in Baltimore. ATL and Philly. I am also a female hip-hop Journalist among other things. Certainly I welcome Eminem and Aftermath/Shady here. In fact I will BUY Em's ticket!! Our border control and immigration are not taking it anymore. They even told me I did not even need the petition and mine was a just cause. Just like we petition to have some rappers banned, we also petition to have some come in. They get their work permits, come in, work and go.

Scrappy was in a stabbing fight last year involving his beloved sister and he still came here for an award show after party despite being charged for a felony on the case in ATL. L'il Wayne knows what he went through last January when trying to do his concert here in Toronto. Insiders at Universal emailed me about border problems.

Another one who needs to get the hell out of our borders is T-Pain, on the way his security treated news reporters at a club in Jan 2009. Mr. Pain doesn't need to bring his headaches and pain here. So, fock Cam'ron and his 40k sales. How many did he sell in Canada? Maybe 200 CD's online. It only took 18 signatures signaling 18 homicides in Toronto to get my wish. Canada is about public safety y'all heard me! E-mail me at mediakemi@rogers.com if you have an issue. Visit nocrimepays.com to see how the Dipset will ultimately collapse in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive