SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A TRUE GENTLEMAN: CAKETIME--LORENZO "ICE TEA" THOMAS!--RADIO PERSONALITY EXTRAORDINAIRE.


Today is June 9th 2009. IT IS LORENZO THOMAS' BIRTHDAY AGAIN. Signified by a Jamaica Jumpoff party yearly! If you lived in the Washington DC and Baltimore area, you probably know him from V103FM Baltimore and WKYS-FM. He is since gone to WEDR-FM in Miami and this butter toned hottie is our BEST friend in radio. His humility and caring amazes me. For the 13 years I have known Lorenzo Thomas, he has not changed. All the ladies love him. He is your girlfriend's favourite DJ fellas! Always surrounded by lovely classy chics, there is one side of him they probably don't know. Thomas always followed me to high schools when I went to talk to kids about staying away from drugs, guns and gangs. At the time, I was a Pharmacist at the peak of my career and we called that high school show "The Pharmacist and the DJ's." It was a successful campaign. Above is DJ Boobie, A school Principal, Lorenzo, myself and Scratch at a Baltimore school in 1996. I have even located some videos from 1996/97. Coming soon to YouTube. Below are the memories. Click picture montage to enlarge.

"Happy Birthday to the man who raised my boys when the "biological" didn't even bother! To every single mom who's sons has ever sat on the radio from 6-10pm on V103FM Baltimore in 1997 listening to "ICE", you know what I mean. Lorenzo Ice Tea Thomas mentored our boys and was even their adopted "baby daddy." Thank You "Ice" and remember when you had the boys in the radio station studio as guest DJ's on your birthday June 9th 1997 and they bought you that chocolate cake and huge can of powdered Lipton ice tea you were pouring into your mouth "raw." Everyone, that is why they call him ice tea Thomas. Congrats to you from Toronto Canada! Come Visit soon and I will make the Jumpoff next year! Love from Kemi, Eni-22 and Oyin-18" and their 8 year old bro KJ the Kid Reporter."


To you Lorenzo, I want to say THANK YOU! My sons and so many young boys turned out great because of you! Great mentors like you will never be forgotten. Let today's 12 year olds know you have been there for our young men in their 20's since they were 7 and 12 too. My boys are also his pals on FB. Oh yeah and ....22 year old Eni is taller than him now as you can see above in this 2008 picture at an award show afterparty. Can you imagine Lorenzo, I am actually partying with the boys at 45. Have a happy birthday and hope to see you soon. I have not seen you since 1999. 10 YEARS!!!

Can you imagine? Lorenzo is still taking care of today's ladies.....Paying their daycare and upcoming summer camp bills in these tough times!

Lorenzo's bio at WEDR-FM, Miami
Join him on Facebook before he hits 5000 friends: Lorenzo Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive