SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Saturday, April 26, 2008

CLUBGOERS GROUNDED: TORONTO, THE FOURTH LARGEST CITY IN NORTH AMERICA HAS NO TRANSIT SYSTEM TODAY!


OMG! A midnight strike by the TTC caught many people off guard, some showing up early this morning expecting a train, bus or streetcar only to find the lines abandoned. Last night, clubgoers poured out of bars when news of the strike spread. "No way, no way," Jorge Bayona, out with friends at Yonge-Dundas Square, said at 11:40 pm. "You're kidding me. We live an hour away." Toronto Lawmakers are getting their ass back to work at 1.30pm Sunday! They have CARS.

Another reason to watch the news Y'all. I took the subway and bus home yesterday since I don't really need a car in this city, and mentioned to the driver that the vote was 65% against and a strike is imminent at 10pm last night. I was shout down by passengers ranting....."but they settled that last week!" So much for that. I shouted right back that I work in a local newsroom after I just saw the wires. Start watching the news y'all. It's not just about murders! Everyone is grounded now! I am doing only web duty next week and my son is trying to get into a car pool. Good luck y'all!


SOME OF THE COVERAGE BELOW ON THE WEB.....

The Toronto Star

The Toronto Sun

The Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC)

City News

National Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive