SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blackstreet's Chauncey Black Signs To Busta Rhymes' Flipmode Label.

Former Blackstreet member Chauncey Black has just been snatched up by Busta Rhymes for his Flipmode label via Interscope. According to the singer, he ran into Busta during a studio session in Virginia Beach, and after seeing his intensity while working, he seized the opportunity to show Busta that his seriousness about his own solo endeavor. "This cat goes hard! I need to be in this camp," he remembered of the session. After impressing Busta, he landed a deal, and it's Flipmode for life, and reportedly has a tattoo to prove it.

"I wanted to get with a team that could give me that hip-hop feel, but also a team that would give me creative control. Busta let me do my whole record," said Chauncey of the new deal. "He saw the history with Blackstreet and trusted me." Through the deal, Chauncey will release his solo debut, titled Church Boy, which he says is "hard, soulful street music."
As one of the founding members of the supergroup, Blackstreet, he scored a string of radio and pop hits such as "Before I Let You Go" and "Don't Leave Me." But it was the breakthrough success of "No Diggity" that helped them reach no. 1, largely due to help from Dr. Dre. His solo debut, Church Boy, does not have a release date as of press time. Hope things go more positive for Chauncey after his past legal troubles. I want to interview him!

Hear me talk to Busta about Flipmode/Violator Records in Africa



Source: Baller Status

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive