SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

OASIS' NOEL GALLAGHER PLANS TV SITCOM

Rocker NOEL GALLAGHER has plans for his next career move - he wants to write a TV comedy. The guitarist will team up with British comedian Russell Brand to pen a sitcom when he finally retires from music. And he insists the show would be a hit - because he and Brand are total opposites. Gallagher says,
"I'd like to be part of a team of scriptwriters. I think I'd be good. Russell has been trying to rope me into something but at the moment I can't commit to anything outside Oasis. But, one day. Who knows?"
The Wonderwall hitmaker says their best comedy could emerge from the difference between his upbringing in the north of England and Brand's childhood in the southern county of Essex. He must have recovered from the concert attack. He adds:
"Russell's a big posh Essex boy former junkie who's been to the dark side and got into Hare Krishna. He's never seen a council estate. "I'm a gruff Northerner who drinks Red Stripe. He finds that fascinating. He's all 'But Noel darling, don't you believe in a higher existence?' and I'm like, 'Not dressed in a sheet banging a tambourine, you big Jessie'."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive