SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Saturday, April 4, 2009

HERO: WE ARE PROUD OF KJ THE KID REPORTER!!





I was working my sign at the Sheridan mall in Toronto yesterday and everyone kept asking me about the R-Word day. They thought it was a great initiative!! I had fun. Don't forget to visit the site at http://www.r-word.org/ and leave your pledge. THANKS YOU FOR EVERYONE THAT SUPPORTED ME!!!



Dr Tim Shrivers FULL KJ R- word interview Spec Olympics Chairman.mp3 - KJ interviews Dr Shriver

Earlier during the day, I interviewed Dr Timothy Shriver the Chairman of the Special Olympics. He called me a HERO!!

Dr Timothy P. Shriver is the Chairman of Special Olympics. In his 11 years at the helm of Special Olympics, Shriver launched the organization’s most ambitious growth agenda, leading to the recruitment of over 1.5 million new athletes around the world. He has worked with the leaders of China to initiate a thriving Special Olympics Program in their country and supported their efforts to bring the 2007 Special Olympics World Summer Games to Shanghai. He has also worked with world leaders such as Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Bertie Ahern, Rafiq Hariri, Thabo Mbeki, Julius Nyerere, Hosni Mubarak and Shimon Peres to advance the growth of the Special Olympics mission and vision while challenging nations to adopt more supportive and just policies. He has spearheaded programs in developing or war-torn countries such as Afghanistan, Bosnia Herzegovina and Iraq.
Read more at the Special Olympics website source.....

After my interview, my mom cut a smaller version of the interview into a PSA for the R-Word website. That is a Public Service announcement. Hear it below.


Dr Tim Shriver Spec Olympics KJ the Hero.mp3 - KJ Taiwo and Dr Tim Shriver


Meanwhile 680 News Radio in Toronto also interviewed me. Thanks to News Anchor Eva Fragiskatos, News Director Scott Metcalf and GM John Hinnen for getting my message out.


KJ R word story 680News Toronto .mp3 - KJ intv 680 News

Jeni shouted me out on Flow 93.5FM. One of the two Top 40 stations (Flow 93.5FM) in Toronto, Canada shouted out KJ the Kid Reporter.


KJ Flow 93.5FM shoutout JJ McKenzie.mp3 - Jeni at flow shouts out KJ

Chris Evans of Z103.5FM another top 40 station also shouted me out for my good work. KJ the Kid reporter gets a shout out from Toronto's #1 Top 40 station Z103.5FM on the noon lunchtime hour show 3/30/09


Z103.5FM shout out to KJ Taiwo for good activism - Chris Evans Z103.5FM Toronto


My mom even heard from Kate Dickson, the Publicist for Teletoon Canada. Our own Cartoon network here. Ms Dickson knows that I am so active in the community and my fave show is Total Drama Island.

"Good Morning Kemi, Great to hear from you and very exciting to hear all that KJ has been up to."

Even Mr Wayne Williams of Flow 93.5FM congratulated me and my mom. He is the Program Director.

"Congrats Kemi and KJ!"
Wayne Williams
Program Director
The New FLOW 93.5 FM
wwilliams@flow935.com
Playing the Hits That Move You!
“NOW” Magazines Station Of The Year!






Source: thekidreporter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive