SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Friday, March 21, 2014

#HNNCommunity Why @YRP Chief spent cold nite on the streets to HELP KIDS @360Kids_York.



When I lived in Canada 2007-2012, one good cop I met DIED in a very sad way. He was Constable Garrett Styles. Run over by a teen driving at 5am in the morning with pals. This story is so sad on every level that I can't begin to explain what his family, colleagues and community endured.

Here is the page I built an hour after he was pronounced dead. We had to keep his name in the news.

For months after that, I engaged a lot of people in York region about how we can lead our teens into a better and safer life. Many spoke, we shared ideas. Some were police haters, they were banned from the page, now I live in a country with no emergency response system. YES, Nigeria has no 911 system. You are on your own if someone breaks into your home or even worse. We always have to wait for police at every event and it may be too late!


The Toronto Sun even reported the man shot in front of my house coming from the bank and how I took the bleeding man to the hospital and apparently captured the armed robbers while taking an innocent selfie in the garden. The case was solved with arrests and the man lived. I refused any hero awards after that. I got enough of that in the US and Canada.

Now cut to the chase, Garrett's death is always on my mind and the role of reaching out to teens and young people in general. Enter 360 Kids York. 360ºkids is a community-based organization empowering children, youth and families through prevention, education and advocacy to enhance their overall well-being.

The key word is OVERALL WELL-BEING. The participants of #360Experience got ready to head out onto the streets all over York Region to different shelters and help get homeless kids off the streets.


The highly dedicated York regional Police Chief Eric Jolliffe was out there too as you see above in that tweet. See how leadership begins from the top? More photos later today. If we can improve the life of one kid, we have done our jobs. This is why I reached out as a Toronto Police CPLC member at 12 Division when I lived there.

KUDOS to YRP and 360ºkids!! We are watching you from Africa!! Social media brings us together!

Follow @HNNAfrica and @Snitchlady on twitter for the album when its posted. We are still 5 hours ahead of them. Many in Africa are major police haters here. Maybe we can learn something here people. Police and community working together. It ain't a one way street, it's a two way street. 

Se e gbo eyin eyan mi!! (My people can you hear me??)

KOO 4.20am Nigeria 3/21/14.  

Blog Archive