SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, March 27, 2014

#HNNMemorial Remembering BET's DJ Megatron THREE years later cc: @106andPark

Corey McGriff aka DJ Megatron.
Corey "DJ Megatron" McGriff was #MURDERED with a gun 3 years ago today March 27th 2011. It was one of my best days turn horrible. I was a Judge at Canada's 40th Grammys The JUNO Awards and was on my way to the red carpet when I got the news!

Today I am back home in Africa after 35 years in North America. I will NEVER forget such a good colleague during my days when interviewing rappers for BET'sThe Deal TV show. That was how I knew him. To Corey, we shall never forget you, you served the community, the network and the fans in the most professional way and the BEST. We shall always remember you forever in our hearts.

#EndGunViolence people!!
Join me at the HIPHOSSIP MUSIC FOUNDATION andwww.HipHossip.org and WHAT ABOUT OUR SONS?

To Corey's children, daddy is in a better place now resting, to his entire family especially Kaitlin McGriff u know these dates are STUCK in my head and there aint no day I don't think about Mega!!!! To Mega's mom, we aint forgotten about you in Africa #HappyMothersDaywhich is this Sunday in Nigeria and U.K (March 30th is ours) We love you all!

To everyone that LIKED this page especially all my new friends in Staten Island. S.I pls stay strong. After the hurricane and Corey's passing, I always put you all in my prayers.

Remember, the BEST is yet to come. Young men and women pls leave the GUNS alone!!!

#LIVE Time is now 7am here in Nigeria and 1am in S.I Thank U 106 & Park and BET News

#RIP Corey McGriff (August 11th 1978-March 27th 2011)

Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo
News Director #HNNAfrica
Africa's Innovative Online World Newsroom
www.HNNAfrica.com
@HNNAfrica @Snitchlady on twitter

Blog Archive