SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, March 27, 2014

#HNNMemorial #AUDIO Losing Snoop Dogg's Uncle Junebug and Drake's Uncle Steve #RIPUNCLEJUNEBUG






For years he danced and performed on stage with his famous nephew Snoop Dogg. I got to meet and interview him in Nigeria 2006 at the ThisDay music festival. He is truly a darling. His famous line to me off the record was "Kemi let me be your sugar daddy" I wish I could be beside him on March 21st when he passed! 

Uncle Junebug loved Nigeria and he was so glad to come to the motherland. he told me "These are my people" and he loved us. It is a blessing that I was able to meet him in my lifetime. Gosh I will miss him. Please listen to my short interview with him above. It is not everyday you meet someone like this. I want Junebug's name to remain in the news. 

Drake's Uncle Steve (Sandy Graham's brother)
In my wholesome days as a music reporter, we lost Uncle Steve too. Drake's Uncle. The one speaking in KJ's video when he met Drake's mom after the Juno awards in 2010, Canada's Grammys. Steve died the next year and Drake was so distraught, cancelled a concert and hurried back to Toronto. Though he never talked about it, I knew Steve and he traveled with Drake in the beginning. That was the Uncle Steve Drake thanked on the BET awards when he got his first trophy. Great family members who cared about their nephews are RARE. May God bless them both. 

We shall meet again.

Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo
News Director
@HNNAfrica on social media 





Blog Archive