SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

#HNNCulture: STOP HATING on #Somali North-Americans! Barkhad Abdi is an EXAMPLE of what U can illustrate!



Congrats to Minnesota's own, Barkhad Abdi! He is Somali-American. 
He won a British Academy Award for his role in "Captain Phillips" over the weekend. Keep hating on Somalis and see that they can be outstanding in their work. #HNNAfrica is proud to empower #Somali teens since my Canadian days in Toronto and Edmonton. I will be traveling to Somalia later in 2014. 

Minnesota is the largest Somali community in the United States while Toronto and Edmonton are the Canadian ones.


I was once ripped by haters include police who never wanted these people to be empowered in a positive way. The issue with me and Toronto police was later resolved. Read it here.

(Photo credit: CARL COURT/AFP/Getty Images)

Blog Archive