SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Monday, March 10, 2014

OPINION: UPDATE @Broadawards N100,000 pay for award thru table Controversy. TEXTS POSTED!

Tests from Ify of the Broad awards


Broad awards denying they asked me to pay.
I detest when people LIE to me. Here are texts showing that I need to pay for the New Media Broad awards and they were not paying for my hotel and travel expenses like their letter said. Also the e-mail below tells you the prices of tables. I was nominated! Pls spare me the lies and keep it real. I am told this is a culture of siphoning money from sponsors and operating shady practices.

This pay for award show table seating thing has been briefed to me in detail. I heard PSquare vowed that they will NEVER attend another award show on Nigerian soil. That will now be my case. The organizers of the Broad awards led by Bob Alash DENIED ever charging for a table. The tweet is above!! That means his assistant was doing a 419 transaction behind him.

He tweeted someone who read my previous story and DENIED they asked me for N100,000 to reserve a table in order to attend the awards. It was a damn shame that liars continue to get these SPONSORSHIP money and put it in their pockets. The texts are above on my Nokia SMS line.

As it came closer to the big day, even Omojuwa said he sent a message to Bob Alash on my behalf and asked me to be his guest. Why would I be Omojuwa's guest when I was being honored and a letter was written to me? Why are people so SHADY in Nigeria?

I am an award winning US trained investigational Journalist among other beats. My contact with the New Media Symposium was Ify and her number is displayed in the text. I HATE when people try to make me the liar. Is communications OK in your organization? Everything miscategorized. Even Dele Momodu a speaker at the event was called a Journalist. Dele did not study mass communications or journalism. He is simply a magazine publisher. Same with me being called a citizen blog when I did not pay the money. A word to the wise. I will not lower my standards in Nigeria. This is why I don't attend industry event here. Below is the letter I received with logos from all their media partners and sponsors I could not paste here. The letter below was dated in February 2014.


HNNAfrica

ATTN: Dr. Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo

Lagos, Nigeria.

Dear Ma,

Innovative Online News Room– HNNAfrica.com
New Media Africa Symposium and Awards Ceremony coming up on the 7th March 2014.The event would be Africa's largest gathering of bloggers, podcasters, web TV producers, and social business leaders: New Media Africa Symposium 2014!Set to discuss the role of digital communication in Africa.

New Media is increasingly playing a key role in the messaging process of key players in business, government and at even private levels. What used to be an appurtenance is now a necessity for brands that care about how they are perceived. While the use of these tools and forms of communication have become the norm for the most forward-looking organizations, it has become crucial to celebrate those who are not only doing it well but doing it differently without losing their brand essence and same time discuss the Beginning of the Internet: Surveillance, Censorship, and the Future of New Media in Africa,” asks scholars, activists, journalists and online professionals to consider the past, present, and possible futures of the Internet as a force for good in Africa.

It is against this backdrop and the fact that we have recognized Dr. Kemi’s active participation in New Media that we are set to honour her news portal at the 2014 New Media Symposium and Awards Ceremony

SUPPORTED BY:

Best Western, Nokia, Nigerian Government, Spinlet


Some of the Parameters used:

ØØ Social Media trending on each news release

ØØ Compliancewith professional codes and ethical standards;

ØØ Active Participation in digital communication with fans

ØØ Good news, acceptability and relevance

In this regard, we expect Dr. Kemi quick response to enable the organizing committee prepare adequately for your attendance. Where applicable, kindly state any security requirement in line with your protocol and or entourage in order that proper reservation may be made.
We are set to hold the maiden edition of this mega event at the prestigious Best Western The Island Hotel, Grand Ballroom, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island. 

The Occasion will, among other things, present an opportunity for relaxation and enjoyment of the most prestigious hospitality and enrich knowledge in the area of brand development, finance, marketing, strategy for greater acceptability, etc.

It’s believed that the award will support your brand and reputation building efforts.

There shall be free product display opportunity at the apron of the Hotel. Should there be any need for further information and or clarification(s) do not hesitate to contact us.

Please, kindly accept our congratulations for this milestone achievement.

For details about the own range of the Broad Awards, kindly visit www.broadawards.com

Sincerely,

Fola Folayan Oye Akideinde

Executive Director Program Director

New Media Africa New Media Africa

OAP Cool FM/Nigeria InfoPartner 360nobs/Spinlet 


Then came the day, my award changed, miscategorized and just plain messed up!! I'm not even a citizen Journalist blog!












Blog Archive