SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

OPINION #HNNMusic: Nigerian Music Fans are ILLITERATES about the Music Business! cc: @Darey @BankyW

Collage of famous Nigerian artists I intvd in 2006 when they were just starting
I get extremely angry when People are NOT educated about ORDINARY things like how the MUSIC industry works. Is this why many aspiring artists never succeed here or takes them forever? Read this thread on my fanpage below. I have been a Judge in 2 Grammy awards and several music awards in North America including the 40th Juno awards in Canada and the Toronto Independent Music awards. I shut this thread down early cos sometimes Ignorance does not excuse stupidity and I'm NOT wasting my time further.

#TalkbackHNN: Why is @2FaceIdibia @Darey @WeirdMCOfficial not on the #Grammy Red carpet yearly?

The Nigerian #Music industry is NOT professional so its as good as non existent! As a Music Reporter, Music Publicist, Grammy Judge and Music Executive in the North American market, I want to help change the Nigerian market. I told Banky W I wanna meet with him soon to discuss copyright, publishing and music licensing here. He is the only one that has touched base on that on Channel O Africa. Too many artists no progress. Even the big ones are not landing REAL global recognition. You the fans have to support Nigerian artists or even the entire continent aka African artists. If an African girl can be the first to win an Oscar, Darey can perform on the Grammy stage. Many of the artists I helped develop were NOT famous when I met them.

That could happen here too. I am Nigerian. The music biz is NOT for everybody!! I will resume artist development again in Nigeria with a seminar online.

Now let me show u those I worked with in development, interviews and even hosted their shows.

#HNNMusic will now BEGIN.

Kemi Omololu-OlunloyoLike · · Share


4 people like this.


Olusegun Temidayo Abawonse Must they be on the Grammy list. Abeg if you're African, be a pure one.
7 hours ago · Like


Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo Olusegun Temidayo Abawonse u are def an illiterate. Dont know what a Grammy means to someones music career, pls dont comment on my music posts.
7 hours ago · Like · 1


Ahuah Emmanuel is femi kuti not a nigerian? or wat did u mean. as 4u wic day an internation award nominated u wit world journalist 4 an award
6 hours ago · Like


Ahuah Emmanuel nigerians music will grow graduali is a mata of dnt 4get even in football african is left bhind. despite d fact a lot of african playerz play abroad dy r hardly nominated 4 ballon d or
6 hours ago · Like


Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo Ahuah Emmanuel pls STFU. Who is talking about Grammy nominations? Read the status again. Our music is not gonna grow. Its GROWN and not getting recognition it deserves. Pls wake the hell up. Many Nigerian artists have no music licensing or publishing if u even know what that means.
6 hours ago · Like · 1


Olusegun Temidayo Abawonse Pls @ KOO we don't need their recognition. We are already better than them. Our culture is richer. ok.
5 hours ago · Like


Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo Olusegun Temidayo Abawonse pls STFU. U are not a Nigerian musician let alone a hard working one. Who is talking about recognition? When you write a song, record it in 2015 and in 3015 a kid takes that song, remakes it and sells it for Billions, you will be dead and long gone and the song has no publishing rights, royalties or licensed. Just ask Fela's children who have their fathers music well catalogued. Try remixing Shakara without their knowledge. GOD! I hate dumb Nigerians. Im done with you on this particular thread. Hope u learned SOMETHING!!
2 minutes ago · Like

Blog Archive