SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Sunday, February 20, 2011

FEMALE GREYSON CHANCE: CANADIAN GIRL TO OPEN FOR LADY GAGA AFTER SHE POSTS SONG ON YOUTUBE.





Three days ago, Maria Aragon posted a video of herself singing a Lady Gaga tune on YouTube.Now, the 10-year-old Winnipeg girl is on a first-name basis with the pop superstar -- and has been invited by her idol to sing a duet on stage. Aragon, who has become an overnight Internet sensation for her "Born This Way" cover, was surprised with a phone call from Lady Gaga on Friday afternoon."Hello, my gorgeous Maria," said Lady Gaga.The phone call was orchestrated by Toronto's 99.9 Virgin Radio station."It's actually really just amazing," Aragon told reporters at local FM station Hot 103 after the phone call. "I even cried over the conversation because I didn't expect for Lady Gaga to talk to me ... It was really overwhelming and crazy."

It all started on Thursday when Lady Gaga praised Aragon's performance on her Twitter account, which has more than eight million followers."Can't stop crying watching this. This is why I make music. She is the future," Gaga tweeted.In less than 48 hours, Aragon's YouTube video had more than 2 million views.By Friday, her video was in the most popular, top viewed and most viewed categories.The Grade 5 student at Isaac Brock School received even more praise from the superstar on the telephone."When I saw you, so young and so beautiful singing those words so purely, it reminded me why I wrote this song in the first place and it reminded me why I make music," Lady Gaga said.When Gaga heard Aragon was coming to her concert in Toronto next month, she said they should perform a duet."


Maybe you're just gonna have to come on stage with me and sing that song.What do you think?" Lady Gaga said."That would be really cool," Aragon said.Aragon's cousin Wayne Santos said the international media frenzy has been overwhelming for the family."We're just trying to do our best to kinda brace ourselves and ... try to decide as a family what we wanna do with the next few weeks, months, years,"Santos said. "Whatever the options are for her and just make sure she's ... on the right track and just keep her grounded."

Remember when Greyson Chance sang another Gaga song? He became a sensation too. I got to get KJ to sing a ...you guessed it....a Gaga song. LOL! Good luck Maria and you owe us a phoner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive