SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Sunday, October 25, 2015

#MBGN2015 Nothing was wrong with Miss Edo State's ACCENT Cynthia Sapara #HNNBeauty


Everywhere I go in Nigeria, Nigerians stare at me because i have an American accent. What they don't know is that I'm Nigerian. some begin to ask me what state in the US am I from then I respond in Yoruba and they are stunned. the truth is that Nigerians are not familiar with all the US accents. Mine is East Coast New York, New Jersey, Baltimore. Last night at the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant, Miss Edo state Cynthia Olajumoke Sapara a Top 5 finalist greeted the audience and the internet illiterates typed her greeting as "Good Heaving."

Fact is that most Nigerians have no idea what a US accent is? You just can't force it like the British accent. I spent 35 years in North America. To get a feel for that accent, go to my Soundcloud.com/HNNAfrica page.


Blog Archive