SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

JUSTIN BIEBER NAMED #3 ON FORBES MAGAZINE'S MOST POWERFUL CELEBRITY LIST



The Toronto Star, Bieber's official newspaper reports Forbes magazine has named Justin Bieber the third most powerful celebrity. The ranking is based on the Canadian teen singing sensation’s income and fame. The 18-year-old, who is dating former Disney star Selena Gomez, made $55 million last year, which earned him the cover as well.

The “Boyfriend” singer, who has sold 15 million albums since his debut in 2009, posed for a photo with his manager, Scott Braun, who has been instrumental in getting him to the top.

“I do calls every week with my business manager and my lawyer,” Bieber told Forbes. “Each week I’m learning something about my business and what I need to know for my career.”

Placement on the list is determined by a combination of fame and money. Fame is defined as “media visibility in print, television, radio and online, plus social media power, which we measure by looking at each celebrity’s presence on Facebook and Twitter,” writes Forbes.

“Bieber is more than just a pop star,” says the cover story. “He’s also a budding venture capitalist. Bieber has used his fame and fortune to invest in startup companies like Spotify, Tinychat and Enflick.”

Jennifer Lopez is number one on this year’s Forbes list with $52 million in earnings, knocking Lady Gaga down from the top spot to fifth.

Read the entire Forbes Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive