SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Rachel Dolezal Controversy: Hear one woman's story of being biracial

Alina Adams
I never had a problem with Rachel. If she wants to be black, they say when you go black, you don't go back so why is there a lot of ruckus. 

"My mixed-race son's light skin and blue eyes prompt people of all races to tell him he isn't "really black." And that bothers him. Because he thinks that he is. He has an African-American father, African-American grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins and, because I was born in the former Soviet Union, his only true "American" identity is the one that has "African" in front of it. I have been trying to tell him for years that "African-American" is a culture, not a color. His dad has repeatedly told him that black people can look all sorts of different ways."

Blog Archive