SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Monday, July 7, 2008

THE GAME PLANS TO BECOME RAP'S NEXT MOGUL--PROTESTS BLOOD DIAMOND HYPE!

THE GAME plans to concentrate on becoming the next great hip-hop mogul after he retires from rap at the end of 2008. The Los Angeles-based star recently announced his upcoming third album would be his last, stating he plans to devote more time to his kids. But he insists he won't be turning his back on rap - he hopes to become the next Diddy or Dr. Dre. As the force behind the label Black Wall Street, The Game insists he'll become a major player as an industry bigwig.

He says, "I've been spending 100 per cent of my time being Game, so I haven't been able to focus on my producers and my artists, so this year I'm gonna get it crackin'... the same way Dre, Quincy Jones and Diddy do it (sic) - by being a rap mogul. "There are a lot of ways to keep hip-hop alive without being an artist. I don't have to be vocal to make it happen."

Meanwhile, he is defending a controversial 'bling' boast in the lyrics of his new song BIG DREAMS, insisting hip-hop's biggest stars all wear conflict diamonds. The Los Angeles-based hitmaker brags about having "blood diamonds straight out of Angola" in the song, at a time when many celebrities are urging shoppers not to buy conflict gems. But The Game insists he isn't about to pretend rap's big names are bothered about where their diamonds come from.

He says, "I know the negatives of what I said, but the truth is, we're all wearing blood diamonds, so it ain't just me. "Do I feel the struggle in Africa? Yeah. Do I think people should be dying over diamonds? No. But it ain't like I'm the only cat around with a chain on."

Let's face it, I am African. The diamonds had blood written on them but not these days. That was mostly in the 70's and 80's. Akon owns a mine and says there are NO conflict diamonds. That's because he was not born when the conflict was there. For real!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive