SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Friday, December 23, 2011

IS ASTRO SIGNED WITH ROC NATION? NOPE!

From Vibe magazine's Adelle Platon: News that Jay-Z signed X Factor’s wonderboy-rapper, Astro, may be a dated rumor to bloggers but it is definitely news to the 15-year-old rapper.

"I don't have a check or a contract, so as far as I know, I'm not signed," the Astronomical Kid told MTV. Rumors that the MC, whose real name is Brian Bradley, was signed to RocNation spread quickly after blogs reported that Jigga man’s camp was working to get the fellow Brooklyn native on a Willow Smith track.

A fan and judge favorite since his debut performance of Kriss Kross’ “Jump,” Astro’s future has been under speculation after his elimination last Thursday. He was sent home after his live rendition of “Black or White” with an original rap during the Michael Jackson episode. He rapped: “I look at the world like a Crayola box/ forget about colors/ let’s just rock.” Even Simon Cowell approved.

During his exit interview, Astro told X Factor host Steve Jones that being sent home was “for the better.” “The only reason I'm mad is 'cause I don't get to see my girl that lives in Cali, but I will be back,” he said. “I love my time. I've gained a lot of fans. People got picket signs tonight. I wish y'all the best of luck." Since then, artists have shown their support for the talented teen like hit producer Timbaland, who took to Twitter to offer some advice. “Never feel like u got to put on 4 nobody. Don't get me wrong, I ain't comin 2 u like no expert but like a big bro whose gone thru & still goin through the same struggles u r.

For now, Astro will continue doing what he loves: making music. “
I just wanna be in a place where I’m comfortable,” he said. “I don’t want music to be a job for me; I want it to be something I’m doing for fun.” --Adelle Platon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive