SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, July 17, 2008

THANK YOU RUDY BLAIR! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!

Yes, I know you may have heard. Our pal Rudy Blair lost the National Media Idol crown to Ann MacGregor of 94.1FM in Pictou County, Halifax. She sang the Twinkle Star remix. Congrats to Ann. We hear it was very close with a few votes and Rudy came second. In my e-mail to him last night, I wrote.........

"Rudy, I am here smiling after my big AWWWW after I saw "The End" in the subject area of this e-mail! However close it was you made the point! You had the determination, made the point of the whole competition, Learned the highs and lows of competing and seeing what those kids go thru competing on Idol.

I just spoke to my girl Fantasia Barrino in Atlanta (who by the way voted for you) 'Tasia told me that every week during Season 3 on American Idol in 2004, it was a great high and low to strive to stay on the show weekly during the results show part especially when the top 10 was announced...... and we all remember she and Jennifer Hudson being in the BOTTOM 3!

Look at Hudson today... An Oscar, SAG, Golden Globe and a new album. We all have different routes in life and only the heavenly above knows.'Tasia went on to win Idol and look at what Simon said to Hudson on her farewell show that made her cry. Cowell later apologized after she got that Oscar. I was in Nigeria watching the whole thing unfold.

You inspired all of us, you encouraged us all about learning more about Alzheimer's. You constantly reminded me of my oldest son who showed me a lot in life. Having a 21 year old autistic son talk to Anderson Cooper on April 4th on CNN's World Autism Awareness Day coverage about his social skill struggles plus what his MySpace and Facebook has done for him made me proud. Portions of his social skills video was shown to the world on the Cable News Network

Aside from his high school female friends, he has met other friends in Toronto or online....social skills is what the experts say autistic people lack! For a child that could not talk till the age of 12, Now living independently, works after attending vocational school and doing things other parents of autistic children will never dream about is a blessing Rudy.

Your cause for people and families of Alzheimer's patients everywhere was immensely generous. You took time out, went to singing lessons, performed in the underground Rogers theater at 333 (that theater I loved by the way) and you won the regional title!!

Having a cause to educate others is a blessing and gift. Maybe next year I will run for Media Idol for 680 News as a friend of the station if you don't have a representative and my cause will be for the Autism Society of Canada by the grace of GOD. Thank you for being our friend and colleague and thank you for competing on Canadian Media Idol 2008. You will forever be the Toronto Media Idol which you WON!!!! I will update the sites in the morning and I have an idea for you and Brian Volmer.

Pleeeeeaze cut that song "Killing the Music" into a CD single. We wanna buy it and you should send the proceeds to the Alzheimer's Society of Canada! Don't you agree everyone?"

RUDY BLAIR made us proud! He was a GOOD SPORT and will forever be our Toronto Media Idol. Below is his e-mail thanking you ALL for voting!

"Hello everyone. Well from what I was told we came extremely close but a young lady from a Halifax station Ann MacGregor won this years title Media Idol Canada with her song "The Twinkle Remix: Part 2". So even though I didn't win I definitely learned a lot from this especially the high and low of winning and loosing. I wanted to say to EVERYONE who was part of this journey with me…THANK YOU. You all helped me take this as far as I could.

And the Alzheimer's Society of Peel was able to receive 1000 dollars. That in itself was worth getting in front of a camera and try to sing in front of a nation. Even though I don't think I'll be doing this again next year (hey if anyone is up to representing 680News in 2009 let me know) at least I know I've contributed one one important thing. A song no matter how bad a singer you are you'll sound like a star…KILLING THE MUSIC!.. Thanks yall…:) Rudy"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive