SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HIPHOSSIP'S THANKS YOU FOR A TERRIFIC 2008!

Here at HipHossip, 2008 has been a wonderful year for KJ and I. I decided to pick the folks in the music business who made an impact on all of us in Canada this year. This is my second year coming up in Canada and I feel that creating this blog has definitely changed some perceptions in the business. Some of you said you wanted more gossip, more news and more Canadian content. You got it!

I updated this blog around the clock from my offices, on the subway and in my bed on the laptop. Just for you I have done a lot in just one year. You called, you e-mailed, you spoke in polls. Thank you for making HipHossip Canada your leading Music Blog in North America and Canada. We are now visited by thousands from around the world as seen on out live feed and we are also one of Toronto's leading blogs as well. Like Jully Black said on Canadian Idol, it's about giving people chances in life. After just one year in Toronto, I applied for media credentials from CTV's Much Music and was granted one to cover the most anticipated award show in Canada, The Much Music Video Music Awards.

I was very priviledged by Jennifer Correlli of Much's media relations who gave me a chance and opportunity. For 20 years, I have been a Pharmacist, Health Reporter and freelance contributor/writer at CNN International as well as being a Publicist for CVS Corporation, America's largest drugstore and my pharmacy employer of 15 years. My real niche was for music which I grew up with. I always wanted to review music, interview celebrities and more....but my parents wanted me in the medical field. After dropping out of Harvard Medical School, I ended up being a Pharmacist instead. My dreams came true when I launched Keminications Media blog network in Atlanta in 2004 where I got to interview a lot of music stars. One of my first was Kanye West in 2004. It was memorable.

Luda's momScrappy's momBow Wow's mom

Then I worked with Ludacris' mom Roberta Shields on a project as well as working with L'il Scrappy and Bow Wow's moms "Mama Dee" and Teresa Caldwell at several events and community shows. What about all the interviews granted me in Canada by record labels who facilitated my meeting their artists? Marcus Tamm, Sara Milne, Kevin Ash and Mima Agozzino of Universal Music Canada, Bob Hoch of Sony BMG NYC and Canada, Terrie Barksey, Shauna Jessiman, Eric Alper of Koch Records Canada, Joanna Dine and Ken Greene of Warner Music Canada, David Miller of Atlantic Records NYC, Tamara Shelly of Tiltrock Records and Allie Page of Canadian Idol who gave me access to cover Idol and even interview Natasha Bedingfield and Rudy Blair of 680 News plus Addi Stewart of NOW Toronto.

I will never forget those who loved my work and gave me access and a chance. BET's Publicist, Lyntina Townsend, Kristina Bevk of BET Online in NYC, Crystal Puccio at VH1 who was the first to contact me in Oct 2007 saying that they liked my blog so much that they were adding it to VH1's blogroll which I really thought was a prank till I called the number which answered as MTVN Mix. (MTV Networks) They gave me a lot of encouragement. Lest we forget my friends at the Chicago World HQ of Playboy. Publicist Tina Manzo who always gives me a lot of access with all Playboy happenings in town.

Lamar Tyler at Fox-5 Washington DC, Jawn Murray at AOL's BV Buzz, Katalina at Hissip.com and NME Music magazine in the U.K who displays all my YouTube videos and the guys at AOL who do the same too. Thank You!
Daniela Oliva of the Toronto Independent Music Awards who asked me to be a presenter in my first award presentation this past summer for the Live Urban category winner award. Maybe one day I will present one at the MMVA's. Never say never!

Also Orin Bristol, the club manager who kindly invited me to Circa niteclub to get some occasional coverage for HipHossip whenever I asked. Orin had more music celebs either performing in there or doing their afterparty thing after a hectic concert. Finally Craigg Slowly, Publicist for Urbanology magazine who had patience with me...... Here it is Craigg! YOU ARE ALL GOLD IN MY BOOKS!

In a span of one year, I covered the following award shows on my site....

  • The VH1 hip-hop honors
  • The Juno awards
  • The Toronto Independent Music Awards
  • The MTV Video Music awards
  • The 1st MTV Africa Awards
  • The MOBO awards in the U.K
  • Urban Music Awards in the U.K
  • The American Music awards
  • The BET hip-hop awards
  • The BET awards
  • The Dirty awards
  • The Much Music Video Music awards
  • The DJ Stylus awards
  • Canadian Idol
  • Toronto Media Idol

We have been dubbed all kinds of names by our partners and sponsors. Below are just some.....

"Canada's Leading Hip-Hop site"........BET Online
" HipHossip is on VH1's Blog blogroll. Great site".......VH1 at MTVNMix
"A great site with very intriguing stories".......MTV Base Africa.
  • Radio Man: Chris Evans Z103.5FM
  • Radio Woman: Jeni McKenzie Flow 93.5FM
  • Female Artist: Empire Isis
  • Male Artist: JD Era
  • Breakthru Rookie Artist: The Kid Famous
  • YouTube Star: LindsayLovee1234
  • Music Reporter: Rudy Blair (680 News, Toronto)
  • Music Group: Point Blank
  • Music Television Show: (MOD) Much On Demand
  • Music Publicist/Media Relations: Jeniffer Correlli (Much Music)
  • Music Club: Circa
  • Music Videos: The Real by Jeff Rosenthal on ER Films
  • Music Magazine: Urbanology

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive