SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Saturday, December 5, 2009

ALLI WALKER LOSES MUCHMUSIC VJ SPOT!


A 19-year-old Summerside teen has lost her bid to be MuchMusic's next VJ.

Alli Walker made it to the top three, but lost on Friday to Liz Trinnear of London, Ont.

More than 4,000 people had auditioned online for the coveted position.

Walker told CBC she had talked "like a chipmunk" and played the bagpipes in her video, trying to garner as much support as possible.

"I want it so bad," she said during a Nov. 3 interview. "I've honestly never wanted anything more.

"I work 24 hours a day on this thing. I stay up until 3 o'clock most nights writing people back, and just trying to get as many fans as possible."

Walker had said one of the reasons she wanted to win was to have an opportunity to interview her favourite musician.

"I think anybody who knows me knows I absolutely love Taylor Swift So I think I'm done with being a fan and I want to be an interviewer," she said.

While Walker didn't get to interview Swift, she did, get a chance to meet her in Chicago.

MuchMusic based its VJ decision on several factors, including the applicants' photos, video auditions, social links and written submissions, as well as the views, feedback and ratings by fans.

Source

From Paul Falkowski to Alli Walker, we followed them, loved them but only one wins. Congrats to Liz Trinnear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive