SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, October 18, 2012

REASON SO MANY NIGERIAN ARTISTS ARE NOT GOING GLOBAL FAST ENOUGH OR MAY NEVER! SHOULD THERE BE AN MTV NIGERIA? NIGERIA HAS NO MUSIC INDUSTRY>>FACT!


I love this station and it's programming.

On the MTV front, some of you know that I am media partners with CTV's MuchMusic and MTV Canada when I lived 5 years in Toronto as well as the VH1 brand. The MTV brand has been focused on the viewership needs of COUNTRIES, not cities and towns or even continents! COUNTRIES! So there is MTV Germany, MTV Canada, MTV USA, MTV India, MTV Brasil etc.

Canadian Music stars
American Music Stars
So why do we have MTV Africa?????? OK, Really MTV Base Africa as it's called. I am a GLOBAL MUSIC BLOGGER and certified Journalist and Publicist that has worked extensively in radio plus reported music since I was a teen. I am 48. I just started living in Nigeria 7 weeks ago after 38 years and know Nigerian artists score big in those MTV Europe, Channel O, MTV Africa awards and even the BET awards. However, many artists are not well developed here.

Artist development is seriously needed in the Nigerian music business. There is no "Nigerian Music Industry!!" It's nothing but a make believe world of buying video airtime, awards, sponsorship fraud and so much other Bullshyt I have researched. All I see is a "music business" and not an industry. There is a DIFFERENCE! I don't LIKE what I see! You will not hear this anywhere. I am outspoken about anything. 

2010 Industry Magazine photoshoot

When Lisa Persaud made me one of the MOST POWERFUL women in the Toronto Entertainment Industry in the Aug 2010 issue of Industry magazine in a city I lived for 5 years, I asked her why? She told me that I knew this biz and I spoke facts about it. Look at how slow the Canadian rappers are moving with the Europeans rappers speeding past and the UMA's not even having a category for Canada!

Tuface, WeirdMC, Darey, DBanj and I at the 2006 ThisDay Music Festival
There are way too many Nigerian music artists in the same genres. I cannot recognize any of them in a supermarket except D'Banj, Weird MC, Darey, Seun and Femi Kuti or TuFace. It shouldn't be that way. 

Seun Anikulapo-Kuti and I at the 2006 ThisDay Music Fest
Take a look at Seun Kuti who is a HOUSEHOLD name in Toronto, Canada where I lived for 5 years before I was booted out by the gun loving government. Fela's kid and his bro Femi are known, not only because of their father's legacy but because they have developed themselves into those artists that you see carrying the legacy without LOSING their own identities or riding on the coat tails of the legend. You cannot say that about all the Jacksons. I will introduce u to a young lady changing that. Tito's daughter, Tanae who I interviewed this past Summer. My father is a very powerful politician in Nigeria and I don't like media here referring to me as the "daughter of the former governor" all day. I am "the Activist and Music Journalist." One has to be independent in everything they do.

Even some of those artists may have walked the BET, Channel O, MTV Europe and Africa awards, but have they walked the red carpets of the most famous ones. The VMA's, MuchMusic, Grammy awards? Has their work being nominated? Nigerian artists should strive for more, and they can. It doesn't and shouldn't have to take Yeezy to get D'Banj walking some important red carpets globally because he has some G.O.O.D music contract. He should be able to attain his own status on that higher level. I wanna see D'Banj everywhere without always having the "Yeezy" effect. (Kanye's nickname effect for those of u in Nigeria) Yeezy knows what I mean and he's my old pal btw. Kanye West is the most intelligent rapper alive!


In July 2012, a Toronto promoter asked me to help get Nigeria popstar WizKid and his pal Skales a news conference with local Canadian media. I did so and even booked him as our guest on MTV Canada to go on MTV LIVE and be interviewed by Paul Lemieux. It was a no show as organization on the artist's end was last minute and even the artist's road mgr was not aware of it he told me. Communication was extremely poor. The importance of communications is seriously ignored in the Nigerian music biz!!!

Where is the stardom power? There is a difference between RICH and FAMOUS! I can tell u artists that are famous but not rich and rich but not famous. Artist development and PR is the part of the music industry that sets one artist apart from the other and many don't have that development.

How does an artist go international? Some artists just want to conquer "certain" markets instead of the world. U didn't see Lady Gaga tell her management that she only wanted to perform and conquer the US market? The rest of the world noticed her style and music and wanted her too on their stage.

Some artists have caught my eye, sadly two of them were in that Aluu murder case. The Big L and Tipsy dudes that rapped that "Heart of the City" song were so talented! Also some that have it together and can potentially blow up BIGGER are Ruggedman, Burna boy and female rappers Tesh Carter and Chidinma.

NIGERIAN MUSICIANS: The music business is changing!! We'll soon get tired or already tired of the illuminatti, cartels and the autotune vocoder. This Shyt is getting OLD! Get a real music industry working here, complete with a "Music Week" like CMW  which I participate in yearly and more award shows that recognizes multiple genres. 

I am looking to change the lives of 4 Nigerian music artists putting them in the global super spotlight by signing them into my PR/Artist Dev roster. Just ask Ciara, Young Jeezy, Sean Kingston, Nicki Minaj, Classified, Knaan and others who had contact with me very early in their career.

This is the reason I offer complete artist development and Public Relations at a reasonable cost on how an artist gets noticed, developed, the crave of every collaboration begging artist and of course become LEGITIMATELY rich and famous. To find out more, the cost and what you get, e-mail me at HipHossip@yahoo.ca--MsKemi =KIZZLE and follow me @HipHossip for my news feeds.

Blog Archive