SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Sunday, December 14, 2008

CHRIS BROWN IS BILLBOARD'S TOP ARTIST OF THE YEAR.

R&B singer CHRIS BROWN has been named Billboard's top artist of 2008. The 19-year-old hitmaker has enjoyed a meteoric rise since winning the award in 2006, with hits With You and No Air. Artists rankings are determined by album sales, including digital downloads, radio airplay and internet streams.

He says of the achievement, "It's bigger than what I can ever imagine. It's unexpected totally, so it's a surprise." "I've had a good year but I still feel like a little insecure in those parts. I'm like, 'There's little ol' me getting an award' - that's incredible." Following Brown is rapper Lil Wayne, who came in second; Rihanna, in third, and Alicia Keys and Taylor Swift, who rounded out the top five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive