SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Did you know that Keminications Media interviewed Melanie Martin of Flow 93.5FM back in November 2007?

I aired this interview with Melanie on Dec 5th 2007 on my media blog and most of you are requesting it since you didn't see it and it belongs here too......The videos are coming!

What's it like working at Flow I asked her? This gorgeous radio personality grew up in Sudbury and graduated from Humber College. She says it's a wonderful family oriented atmosphere to work in and chuckles about her love-hate relationship with JJ and compares it with working with a brother. She describes her transition to a morning personality as a quick journey for her personally and did not believe in the people that said that she was not going to work in a big market such as Toronto. When you have the passion, do it! When you want to be on the air, get on the air she said as she was advised. It's never too soon. She showed persistence and it paid off!


Within 6 months she was at Flow after she graduated. As I said earlier, she attended and graduated from Humber College. I asked her about the personal lives of artists they play on the air and how important that was to her and the listener. I detailed some examples from some artists I personally knew in my Atlanta Entertainment Reporter days. She says that this is important as long as it does not get too much like the Britney Spears thing. We talked about Kanye West's mom, Whitney and Bobby and also T.I.

She did not like much of gangsta rap which she called "hard core" rap. The "ho" word and "killing people" phenomena is not for her. She also wants to set an example for her 15-year-old daughter. She told me she really admired singer Beyonce and her talents and I asked her what her dreams were. Melanie said she wanted to be on Broadway but she couldn't sing. We joked about dirty dancing which is something she would love to give a try.

I asked her about her daughter who she said that she had very young so nobody believes she has a teen daughter. She and her boyfriend have been living together for 11 years probably since the little girl was 4 years old and she does not consider herself being a single mom. Melanie told me she and her loyal boyfriend just bought a house together and one day they may get married. She does give more power to all single moms out there including me. That was nice of her to say. She's done a lot of TV at much Music, E-Talk, MTV and lots of Canadian Idol commercials and will advance her career as things come along. What a simple life! Wish we could all live like that. Thank you Melanie for that beautiful sit-down interview. Appreciate you!


Part One of my interview



Part Two of my interview


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive