SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Kanye Dilema according to Canada's National Post newspaper!

Illustration by Kagan McLeod/National Post

Our Canadian newspaper NATIONAL POST talks about the "Kanye Dilema" in this week's deadly sin "puffed up with pride." They are talking about Canadian Rapper Belly who says "There's no room to be vulnerable in hip hop," he says over the phone from Vancouver. "As a rapper, you gotta believe you're the best!"

The Post writes.....Call it the Kanye Dilemma: how does one play the game and yet contain the ego? It's a fine balance for those who seek to survive in a genre where swagger is part of the art. Want to be the best? You first have to believe you're the best.

I e-mailed Kanye last night to read this as many think he has some kind of ego problem but alas, the Post thinks he contains it well. West is not that arrogant type you hear about. You have to meet him first. I met him for the first time to interview him at the album release party of his first album "College Dropout" in 2004. Most of you that know me know I am 6ft 1 and when I opted to bend down to take this photo, he insisted we should sit and not strain myself. I wanted to stand beside him. A very humble funny guy. Ironically his mother took this picture. The late Donda West. That death devastated me! Even if he sings it in his songs that people portray him as arrogant, didn't he work hard enough? Look at Blueprint 1 and 2 by Jay-Z. I have nothing else to say.

Mark Medley who wrote the article will be a few handful of local media reporters that I feel take hip-hop seriously as I still find that it is not touched as much as it should! The article is here......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive