SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, December 11, 2008

BREAST TUMOR: REAL REASON WHY TONI BRAXTON DID NOT ATTEND "DANCING" FINALE.

Toni Braxton has had a tumour removed from her breast. The 'Un-Break My Heart' singer - who was forced to cancel a series of Las Vegas shows earlier this year after being hospitalised with chest pains - was terrified when doctors discovered a lump during a routine check-up in August. She said: "I was worried about what they would find." However, her medical team told her not to worry and encouraged her to continue competing in US TV show 'Dancing with the Stars'.

When she was voted off the series in October, Toni had a medical follow-up which revealed the lump had grown and would need to be removed. Last month, Toni was relieved to learn the tumour was benign. She added to Us Weekly magazine: "Getting the boot on the show was actually a blessing in disguise for me. We have family history. My grandmother on my dad's side died of breast cancer, and I have aunts on both sides that have breast cancer."

The 41-year-old singer, who is still recovering from the operation, says the scare helped her realise how precious life is. Toni explained: "I was very fortunate. Cancer knows no race, no creed, no colour." In August 2007, reports emerged that Toni was suffering from breast cancer, but she was quick to deny the story, insisting: "My health is in great condition".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive