SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Friday, May 21, 2010

SFTC ROLE MODEL: TORONTO RAPPER BERG BAUGE APPEARS TONITE ON CP24 CABLE CHANNEL ON HIS NEW MISSION.


Photos courtesy of Berg Bauge

Earlier this week, when I made a casting call for Toronto Rappers to stand up for the local police and make a difference for the kids, it was like a joke to some MC's out there? What? "Toronto Police needing us to record their Public service announcements?" That's what I heard. One rapper moved me out of the 6 that volunteered their time. Below is his e-mail....

"Hey Kemi, I have noticed the initiative you have taken with the Tavis program. I would also like to give back to the community. A year ago I was released from the penetentiary after 25 months of incarceration. During my time there I completed my high school and worked on a Business Diploma through correspondence at Northern College. When I was released I was placed in a shelter at Queen and Sherbourne even though I was convicted of drug trafficking. I never let that bother me. I searched for jobs relentlessly and found one at a call center. I worked there until last week. I was just hired for a tech support position for $35,500 a year plus benefits. I guess I'm saying anything is possible. My music is my life and now I can invest in myself. More importantly I will be having my son live with me. I feel that if I can change so can others who really want to change.
Thank you for your time Kemi."
Regards
Berg
5/17/2010
Berg Bauge is working on a new mixtape and I am gonna feature him on BET's "The Deal" This is what community is about and Hip-Hop is about the community. Pronounced Beu-jay, he as been spotted by the entire media as a role model for the rest of us. All my 6 rappers will be going on a TAVIS media tour soon. I am working on it. If they can make a difference, you can too. Bauge will be on Stephen LeDrew's show tonite LIVE on Cable Pulse channel CP24 in Toronto and the GTA. A TAVIS?Toronto Crime Stoppers officer will be there on the show too. They are the guests. Watch and tape it!! 9PM LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

stephen ledrew

ABOUT STEPHEN LEDREW

Stephen LeDrew joined CP24 after appearing on the channel to offer political analysis on various issues. He now co-hosts CP24 Live at Noon and appears regularly as a Political Analyst. He first got involved in politics when he was 16. While riding his bike along Danforth Ave., a woman asked LeDrew to help out with the Trudeau election campaign. Nearly 40 years later, he says he hasn't looked back.

LeDrew's insight helps viewers understand the political issues at City Hall in Toronto, Parliament Hill in Ottawa or the Provincial Legislature at Queen's Park. CP24's Political Analyst is also a Toronto lawyer specializing in public policy issues at all levels of government, so he knows his way around the political landscape.

Known for his bow ties (he has not worn a "normal" tie in nearly 30 years), LeDrew was elected president of the Liberal Party of Canada in 1998 and again in 2000, serving as party president for almost six years until November 2003. He is also past president of the National Club in Toronto.

"Berg Beauge is THE dude to watch! He's turned his life around and is rising and shining like few people I've ever known! Support the man."....Rapper Mindbender (Addie Stewart Music Reporter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive