SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, May 27, 2010

SIMON'S LAST DAY ON AMERICAN IDOL AND WHAT HE TOLD RYAN.



Simon Cowell joined Ryan’s radio show earlier yesterday to share his thoughts on his final night of judging on "American Idol."

The always brutally frank Cowell shared that the aspect he won’t miss about “American Idol” is the fact that he “won’t have to do the auditions again." He admitted, "the live shows are fun, it’s the traveling [and] doing auditions [that are] torture.” This, and a short story he recalled about being on a long flight with Ryan who was singing “Party in the U.S.A.,” are part of the reason he’s leaving, he joked.

Cowell revealed that he will miss “the fun” of being part of “American Idol.” He said, “What people don’t know about the show is that there’s absolutely no preparation, and the fact that we’ve gotten away with what we’ve gotten away with, and we can make it up and no one shouts at us.” In true Simon Cowell fashion, he shared that his favorite part was “the fact that [he] got away with [all the craziness].”

Along with pulling fast ones, Cowell said, “the performance I like best is when Fantasia [Barrino] sang ‘Summertime,’ that was my favorite, followed by my worst which was Clay Aiken murdering ‘Grease’ in the red jacket.”

Part of the success of “American Idol” Cowell said he attributes to the fact that “we allowed these shows to be non-politically correct and I think that was the difference, and actually I have to credit Fox with that I don’t think any other network would have allowed what we did on their network.”
When asked about fellow judge Randy Jackson, Cowell said he will always remember “the fact that I’ve never ever understood a single thing [Randy] has said in nine years…I’m not being rude, I don’t know whether he’s complimenting someone or not. I mean all those, ‘Yo dawg, whatever, whatever, whatever,’ I haven’t got a clue.”

Despite Cowell’s departure from “American Idol,” he won’t be taking a break anytime soon. “I don’t have a break, I go straight back to another show [in the U.K.],” he shared. Don’t be too overwhelmed with grief, however, because Cowell will be back to work in the U.S. again in September.

Cowell, as always, left us with a joke. When asked if he’ll ever work with Ryan again he said with a devilish smile, “Never, but I thought about it.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive