SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mariah disses YouTube on latest single.

Have you really listen GOOD to "Touch My body" very well? Well you know YouTube is an integral part of pop culture when Mariah Carey references the video site in the chorus of her new single. Watch what she says when the computer guy comes to fix the hard drive!

And in an example of how utterly meta our post-modern media world has gotten, that video has snagged some three million plus views (and counting) on YouTube.

I think it's got to be good advertising for YouTube--you can check out the full lyrics--but Ms. Carey seems to be talking about how she doesn't want to find an illicit video of her on YouTube--which is enough to make an adolescent boy look for said video on there. And more eyeballs mean more potential ad dollars for the site. Gurlfiend, someone put you down there on where else? YouTube!

Check out this part of the refrain:
If there's a camera up in here
Then it's gonna leave with me
When I do (I do)
If there's a camera up in here
Then I'd best not catch this flick
On YouTube (YouTube)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive