SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, August 28, 2008

THAT'S DR. DION TO YOU! CELINE CELEBRATES QUEBEC'S 400TH B/DAY!

CELINE DION has added the title of doctor to her resume, after receiving an honorary degree from a Canadian university. The singer was bestowed the doctorate from the Universite Laval on Thursday (21Aug08) in acknowledgement of her personal and professional achievements. Speaking at the award ceremony at the Palais Montcalm, she told the 800 people present the diploma is "a very great honour for a little girl from Charlemagne".

The singer, who never finished high school, urged students to pursue further education, but noted that "the school of life is also very important". She added: "If there is something that has guided my life, it's my wish to excel and go farther, to the maximum of my abilities, to the top of my goals, my hopes and my dreams."

Celine Dion honored Quebec's 400th birthday celebration by performing at a free concert at the Plains of Abraham just a day after receiving the honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive