SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

DID YOU KNOW?: Kelly Rowland also lost to the J-Hudson curse!

R&B star KELLY ROWLAND has been left pondering the existence of a JENNIFER HUDSON curse on her and her DESTINY'S CHILD bandmates, after losing out to the Oscar winner for a role in SEX AND THE CITY: THE MOVIE.Hudson landed the role of Louise, the assistant to Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie Bradshaw, after fighting off competition from singer/actress Rowland. And the Dilemma hitmaker was stunned to hear she had lost out on the movie opportunity, because she was convinced she had it in the bag.

She tells WENN, "I can't understand it because I did a really good job at the audition, a really good job! "I hate it, and of course I feel that I should have the part, but then Jennifer Hudson's just won an Oscar, so maybe she's better for the role. But I was so bummed at that, I really wanted it." It is the second time in as many years that Hudson has triumphed over the Destiny's Child girls - in 2006, she was awarded the part of Effie White in the big-screen adaptation of musical Dreamgirls - the role Beyonce Knowles initially wanted to try out for. The Crazy In Love beauty later accepted the smaller part of Deena Jones, in a story loosely based on the rise and fall of The Supremes in the 1960s and 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive