SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Friday, May 23, 2008

UMBRELLA CUT: Rihanna says new haircut help her FIND HERSELF!

Singer RIHANNA has credited her shorter hairdo with distinguishing her from other pop stars - and for allowing her to discover herself. The 20-year-old rebelled against her record label's wishes last year (07) when she chopped her long locks into an edgy pixie cut to coincide with the release of her album Good Girl Gone Bad.And the Umbrella hitmaker insists the change in style helped her establish her independence.

She says, "I felt like the whole world had long, curly, flowy blonde hair. Ciara, Beyonce, Mariah, Christina Milian. Everybody wanted to be like everybody else. So I cut my hair and they (Def Jam) made me put my long hair back in (as extensions). "The second time, I didn't have any discussions, nothing. I just cut it, I dyed it black, I went into the studio making music my way. I found myself all at once. I like things strong, edgy, a little to the left. I don't like things that are expected - nothing cliched."

Meanwhile, Rihanna likes to wear her sexy stage outfits in the bedroom. The 'Umbrella' singer - who is still rumoured to be dating R'n'B star Chris Brown - admits she enjoys spicing up her sex life by wearing her often revealing and provocative costumes at home. She said: "I like to push the envelope sometimes. It depends on the mood and the occasion. It's always fun to take some home. Sometimes I get to do that." The singer also revealed she is a big fan of the British music scene, and particularly loves Mark Ronson, Duffy and Estelle. She added to Britain's The Sun newspaper: "I think the UK is taking over. I'd love to work with Mark Ronson. And I really, really like Duffy. She is beautiful, her little dimples and her music. I also like Estelle. She has an incredible voice. But Duffy has more of an edge."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive