SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bun B`s album is reviewed last night at release party.



I did a camera interview in 2005 with my pal Talib Kweli who showed up for last night's Bun B album listening party. So did, I think, Fab 5 Freddy and DJ Premier (or at least two dudes who looked a whole lot like those guys). I can't imagine these NY rap luminaries showing up to support virtually any other Southern rapper: maybe Scarface or OutKast or Devin or a reunited Goodie Mob, almost certainly nobody else. But Bun was one of those guys who effortlessly demands total respect even before Pimp C, his partner, suddenly died a few months ago. DJ Premiere was here in Toronto last summer for his cover story on Toronto`s Eye Weekly magazine. Last night they were all at the album listening party. Read the entire review of the Bun B album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive