SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Friday, June 27, 2008

RAPPER EMMANUEL JAL THE WARCHILD PERFORMS AT MANDELA CONCERT TONITE!!!

Emmanuel Jal
My sister blogger Sumit at The HIP-HOP CHRONICLE was the first blog in the U.K to do an exclusive interview with him and we featured it here on Hip-Hossip. Emmanuel Jal was wielding an AK-47 as a child soldier in Sudan's civil war.

"My childhood was destructive," says Jal, 28. "It stresses me when I share my story, but it's a responsibility now. A lot of Sudanese have the same story, and they are quiet. If I testify, I might prevent another kid from losing his childhood."

Jal is testifying on three fronts. His major-label debut, WARchild, chronicles Jal's journey in a blunt rap diary. He's the focus of the upcoming War Child documentary, winner of the Cadillac Award at New York's Tribeca Film Festival. And an autobiography, Warchild: A Boy Soldier's Story, is due in early 2009 from St. Martin's Press. He is performing tonight at the Mandela concert in London. You can stream it live on VH1.com at 1.30pm ET

See Sumit's exclusive interview and Jal's youTube videos here.

Today's USA TODAY article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive