SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Sunday, June 22, 2008

ROCK LEGEND TED NUGENT TO PLAY 6,000TH SHOW IN DETROIT

Go to fullsize image

Rock legend TED NUGENT will celebrate America's Independence Day (04Jul08) in style by performing his 6,000th concert. Nugent will head home to Detroit, Michigan for the landmark show - part of his 50th tour. The rocker says, "I was born and raised in Detroit in the shadow of the mighty Funk Brothers and I was taught the ropes of Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Mose Allison, John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. "I started playing back there under the guidance of Joe Podorsek, my guitar teacher from the Capitol School of Music on Grand River Avenue, in 1957.

"My first performance was at the Michigan State Fairgrounds in the summer of 1958 with Joe Podorsek and the Capitol School of Music Revue. I don't remember such a level of fear in all my life, as I wasn't quite 10 years old. "To return on Independence Day is rather demonstrative of my American dream firestorm for almost 60 years. The feeling will be indescribable."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive