SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

BREAKING TRAGIC NEWS: DON CORNELIUS, THE FOUNDER OF SOUL TRAIN DEAD OF APPARENT SUICIDE.

Don Cornelius was a TV ICON. I hope all the kids hear this on 106 and Park as they do that Soul Train dance where everyone lines each side of the floor and one dances thru the isle. He was iconic with that deep voice. He knew all the stars. They knew him, He created a generation of R&B stars and fans. Who doesn't know Don? I was glad to say I knew him personally in my lifetime. Rest in Peace Don. Cornelius was found this morning at 7am EDT/4am PST dead of an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He committed suicide.

Last I spoke to him, he was going thru a bitter divorce in 2009 which at the time he told a Judge he had some health issues which sources say was cancer. He was frustrated by his voice, that deep sexy voice was cracking up last time we spoke. HipHossip covered the Soul Train awards from 2008-2011 and also I used to attend the Lady of Soul awards back in the States when I lived there.

It was as you remember after the awards when we went to the after party in 1997 that shots were fired into Diddy's vehicle killing the Notorius B.I.G. When I think about Soul Train, I think about so many events, high and low. Nothing like today though, knowing that Don was found dead an hour ago when I was getting KJ up for school. For you the "new school" kids, read about who Don Cornelius was.


A true BLACK HISTORY LEGEND. Sadly he died today Feb 1st 2012, the first day of Black History month.

Thank you for the memories Don. May you rest in Peace. We will meet again--MsKemi HipHossip @HipHossip @Snitchlady@MyYoungToronto

Our 2010 Soul Train Music Awards Coverage.

1 comment:

Blog Archive