SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Saturday, February 4, 2012

FUNNY: KNAAN WARNS MITT ROMNEY ABOUT USING HIS TUNES, NEXT-SECRET SERVICE ORDERED FOR ROMNEY!


LMFAO! Now we know exactly why after the Florida elections, Republican candidate Mitt Romney was ordered Secret Service Protection. So you think he's gonna be the nominee and that's why? I am Republican and love Romney but lemme tell u the real reason. We ain't even had Super Tuesday yet? Rapper/singer K'naan slammed Romney in a tweet this week for using his song in a campaign speech without permission. Knaan is Somalian-Canadian and Romney is said to fear "pirates" soon as he heard the dude giving the cease and desist order was of Somalian origin. Scared? LOL!!

K'naan, real name Keinan Abdi Warsame, was not pleased after Romney played "Waving Flag" at an appearance in Florida on Tuesday, and admits he would never have given the Republican candidate his consent.

He says, "I have not been asked for permission by Mitt Romney's campaign for the use of my song. If I had been asked, I would certainly not have granted it."But the Somalia-born star would gladly allow sitting President Barack Obama to use the track in his re-election campaign. He adds, "I would happily grant the Obama campaign use of my song without prejudice."

As you know he's not the only one. Many artists have been mad and GOP candidates are feeling the heat from the late Prez Reagan to Sarah Palin and even John McCain. Musicians tend to lean to the left enen though his profile description on Twitter reads:
"I mostly reside in my right hemisphere. So when I say 'I feel you' ... I mean it." he's not feeling Romney!
K'naan who grew up in Rexdale, a rough Toronto neighborhood which still had a double shooting yesterday lost many friends to murder, suicide, prison and deportation. Young kids in Rexdale tell me that even Knaan was in a gang before he made a 360 degree turn on his life. He is a good friend of HipHossip. I will be working with 23 Division cops to foster a better relationship in that huge Somalian community. Those kids look up to K'naan. They can all make it.

KJ loves K'naan and first interviewed him in 2008. KJ once asked him "Tell us about Somalian Pirates." lol. KJ's rocking that bandaid from a fall the day before. Who won't order Secret Service protection with pirates involved? KJ spent time with Knaan at the 2010 Juno awards in St John.

OK, we're just kidding! K'naan ain't sending any pirates to Romney or taking the law into his own hands. Lets wave the damn U.S flag, says my American born KJ who's a staunch Democrat.

There is no where I see Knaan in the biz that he does not ask of KJ and take time to do a quick interview or take a picture with me. The one below was on one of my bad cell phones at the CBC hip-hop concert in 2011.

The most humble rapper. Follow him @Knaan on Twitter where you can see the Jan 31st tweet. Seriously, these politicians do need to get permission. Try using any of these artist's tracks on YouTube and you will possibly be blocked --MsKemi @HipHossip @Snitchlady@MyYoungToronto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive