SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, February 2, 2012

WASHINGTON POST SPORTS COLUMNIST MIKE WISE SENDS OUT INSENSITIVE SUICIDE TWEET ON DEATH OF SOUL TRAIN FOUNDER DON CORNELIUS.



I just feel like Wise's "stressed out comments" were insensitive! I know so many people who were so stressed out in life, they committed suicide including several children bullied. I always tell people on the streets and online that "Suicide is never the answer."

While the whole black community on the first day of Black History Month or may I say the whole WORLD were waking up shocked to hear Don Cornelius of Soul Train's death, we were all even more shocked to hear that he shot himself dying from a self inflicted gunshot wound, taking his own life, suffering from a major health ailment (which sources tell me was a form of cancer) and even went thru a very bitter divorce at 73. At 75 Don was about my father's age. My dad will be 77, so Cornelius was like a dad to me. I knew him personally and celebrated 40 years of the brand last fall with BET and Centric. He was iconic.

The last thing I expected was a tweet by a popular Sports Columnist in one of America's most renowned newspapers, The Washington Post. Sports Columnist and Radio host Mike Wise needs to apologize to all Don's fans, family and the entire music world. He tweeted:
"In honor of Don Cornelius, I think all stressed-out corporate office in America should do their own Soul Train today."
I replied him but he did not respond. I feel if you write tweets like that, you should check your @ responses. Mike, many stressed out people do TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES, I don't think Don would have liked us to do the "Soul Train" dances today or whatever you mean by "their own Soul Train." It reminded me of the rift between Don Cornelius and Dick Clark during the competition days with American Bandstand and that copycat show "Soul Unlimited?" SMH.

Today was the day the train DERAILED! However those train tracks will always be in our memories. Have we all not seen or walk past an empty railroad track no train even uses anymore? That's how Don's DEATH feels to me. @MikeWiseGuy, your profile states that you live with your wife and "NEWBORN" son. Don was somebody's son. Just like your son is a new life to the world, Don is gone forever! That tweet is nothing close to being a "wise guy."

I am 47. My Great-Grandmother died on a Monday of Dementia. She was 90 at the time. Both my great uncles, her sons were 65 and 69 at the time and they hung themselves the same week on the Wednesday and Friday. It is a story I was told by my Grandfather, the surviving son as they loved their beloved mother. He lost 3 relatives in one week to suicide. If my Grandpa were alive today, he would have been 101. Suicide does not "run" in families. It is a HIDDEN danger and can happen to anyone....ANYTIME!

To everyone suffering from stress and depression. SUICIDE is never the answer! Stay Strong! Get Help! Please visit the sites below if you are dealing with issues of stress, depression and suicide.

In Canada
In the USA
Article for Parents in the USA

Thank you for the memories Don. May you rest in Peace. We will meet again--MsKemi @HipHossip @Snitchlady@MyYoungToronto

UPDATE 1.47am: I just found out in a startling revelation that this reporter has once been suspended for A TWEET in the past! Shame on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive