SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Sunday, February 12, 2012

BREAKING TRAGIC NEWS: WHITNEY HOUSTON FOUND DEAD AT 48 IN THE BEVERLY HILLS HILTON.

Rest in Peace Whitney!! WE will always LOVE YOU and YOUR VOICE!

I am truly saddened and shocked to hear that Whitney died today Saturday Feb 11th 2012 at 3.55pm PT. She was a true PERSONAL friend. I met Whitney on the set of her ex-husband's reality show "Being Bobby Brown." It was at that time that I truly saw the effect of addiction on Whitney. She and I developed a friendship that was so close that she told me everything going on with her and Bobby. We became such great friends on the set. I was the only known entertainment blogger at that time in 2004 when blogging was still evolving. My former blog was ATLCelebritynews.

On this particular day she was shooting on the set at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Buckhead, Atlanta and it was a casual set. Bobbi Christina, her only child and even the dog was there. I have more pics but these are the only ones that came to Canada with me. It was to be the last episode of BBB reality show. The last thing I told Whitney is "Look to God and never let the Devil take over." This is the LAST time I saw her as I left Atlanta.

I spoke to her a few times on the phone years later with the last time being August 2011 when I suggested to her to "retire" and be a Judge on X-factor, Idol or similar talent shows. In my opinion, she spiraled down after the 2010 Grammy nomination blow. Her comeback CD "I look to you" was SNUBBED. Whitney went back on drugs. Even though not confirmed yet, more than likely, people are already speculating that Whitney may have died of substance abuse or a combination of things. I want to remember Whitney for the song "The Greatest Love of all." She sang..... "I believe that the children are the future." May she rest in peace and may Bobbi Christina find peace in this tragedy of losing her mom. My Pictures of Bobbi's 13th birthday party are not available as they are back overseas in my old office computer. Whitney invited me to this event too and that was the last time I physically saw her.

Last time I saw her performing was in a video at Bobby Brown's mother Carole's funeral in 2011. Carole was once her mother-in-law. I interviewed Carole in 2005 about all the drug use in the marriage to Bobby and it was aired on an Atlanta Radio station shocking everyone when Carole said that Whitney introduced her son to "white powders" referring to cocaine and heroin. Carole stated that Bobby was only into weed.

Shame I missed her Toronto visit a few years ago. Now hearing from Jimmy Jam (Academy Chair) that the whole production of the show is changing drastically. Jennifer Hudson and a few others are planning to sing her songs in a tribute. There is not much time and everyone is scheduled to be at the Clive Davis party. TRULY SAD!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking at the pictures; and I was confusing you for Whitney, you are a mini diva Kemi

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive