SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, December 5, 2013

#HNNFood: @McDonaldsCorp Here is my African #YAM Fries with an omelette (Yam101 inside).


OK, it's 9:03pm here in Nigeria and I always talk to Ronald McDonalds (My lil joke for the tweeter) and others operating McDonald's corporate handle and boy are they professional and always nice and caring? 

After 30 years in America and 5 in Canada, I returned home 2012 and one thing I MISS is my McDonald's breakfast and lunches. There are lot of American fast food companies popping out here in Nigeria. We now have Dominos, KFC and Britain's Nandos. Now we want McDonalds. 

I'm always so McSad when I watch the corporate handle tweeting about burgers, fries and SHAKES. The shake part gets me shaking. So tonite, BOB at McDonalds put a smile on my face and I tweeted him that I had to make my own fries with the African Yam.

He thought I meant sweet potatoes. You see, the word YAM is also the orange fleshed sweet potato in America. Our sweet potatoes here are white when you cut them and of course sweet. However this is not that. They are all from the same tuber family. This is what an  African YAM looks like (above) when FRIED. They look like America's Texas STEAK FRIES. They are not sweet, they are salted like McDonald's fries.

Tonight I fried an omelet with mine and McDonald's asked for a picture JUST WHEN I was about to eat them up and they got it. I'm glad I could educate Americans and people all over the globe about African yams. Believe it or not, the Caribbeans also eat them. They come as white or yellow yam. Harder than a potato and even sold in the US in African grocery stores.

#DRKOO
@HNNAfrica on twitter 

Blog Archive