SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Boy George reduced to selling T-shirts?

British singer BOY GEORGE has resorted to selling T-shirts in a London market stall. On Friday (16May08), the star - real name George O'Dowd - was spotted at a booth in London's Spitalfields Market looking bored as he tried to sell clothing from his B-Rude label for $20 (£10) a piece. It's ok to me, we all rise up from the ashes some day. Look at Michael Jackson.

As the frontman of flamboyant group Culture Club, the singer sold over 10 million records in the 1980s - but in recent years the 46-year-old has fallen upon hard times, battling an alleged drug addiction. He told a reporter, "It's been all right - quiet today though. I'm bored and cold but we have to do a Friday stall to get a pitch on Sunday." Believe it if you want to, but in 1981, this guy was my next neighbor at my apartment with my sister in St. John's wood in London U.K where I finished my high school. We knew the 3 of them were a famous group on TV and all but I thought he was a girl for months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive