SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Monday, June 2, 2008

Atlanta’s Rapper T.I.’s community service becomes MTV series.

Rodney Ho of the AJC reports: BET a couple of years ago filmed a popular series focused on rapper Lil Kim before she went to prison for perjury and conspiracy with the classy title “Countdown to Lockdown.”

Now MTV is doing a similar “Countdown to Lockdown” with Atlanta’s T.I., according to Variety magazine. Currently, the rap star is doing 1,000 hours of community service before he enters prison next year for possessing firearms as a convicted felon and possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers.

MTV, which has already gotten footage of T.I. leaving house arrest earlier this year, plans to film some of his community service this summer and the release of his next album this fall. The network expects to air the show next year.

“Hopefully the mistakes I’ve made will be a lesson to today’s youth and they won’t go down that same path,” T.I. told Variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive