SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, May 23, 2013

COMPLETE WRAP UP OF THE 2013 BILLBOARD AWARDS LAST SUNDAY.

I am all the way in Africa, specifically Nigeria which is 8 hours ahead of Las Vegas and I slept at my 9pm meaning to wake up at 2am for the coverage and duh!! I forgot to set the alarm clock when my eyes just happen to open after a good dream. It was 2:57am aka 3am but I was one hour late missing all the Rihanna sweep and Bieber plus Miguel's performances.

RiRi took in all the R&B categories while Taylor Swift took 6 of her 11 nominations which is not bad for one night and the great dynamic female rapper Nicki Minaj took in the Top Rap artist, something Nicki needed right about now after that hater American Idol season she just had. She even beat PSY in that category. Go to Twitter @HipHossip and see some of my tweets for the second hour.

Some highlights of the show included Justin Bieber winning the Milestone Award booed by haters and quoting while looking damn hot on the acceptance podium "Im 19 years old and think I'm doing a pretty good job. This is not a gimmick, I'm an artist and should be taken seriously"

LMAO! Hating on Bieber has now reached bad heights? I met him in Toronto while I was in Canada and he was just here last week in Africa performing in Jo-Burg.

Suspecting Nigerians will now be convinced that I am really a lesbian as Taylor Swift said to me "You are the longest relationship I ever had" after receiving her award.

The award show was shown LIVE on Channel O Africa, a dynamic music channel themed "Original Africa" and bringing this continent together with music. After 30 years in the USA and 5 in Canada, I am back home in Nigeria and Africa is home.

Below are your winners.

Billboard Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift

Top Billboard 200 Album: Red

Top Billboard 200 Artist: Taylor Swift

Top Male Artist: Justin Bieber

Top Female Artist: Taylor Swift

Top Rap Artist: Nicki Minaj

Top R&B Artist: Rihanna

Top Radio Song Artist: Rihanna

Top Dance Artist: Madonna

Top New Artist: One Direction

Top R&B Album: Rihanna Unapologetic

Top Rap Album: Nicki Minaj Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Top Rock Album: Mumford & Sons Babel

Top Rock Artist: fun.

Top Hot 100 Song Gotye f/ Kimbra "Somebody That I Used To Know"

Top Rap Song: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis “Thrift Shop

Blog Archive