SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, December 5, 2013

OPINION: I'm UNTOUCHABLE so I told the #Nigerian Senate>>#GoAndDie with the #SocialMedia Bill

Dr. Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo
Nigeria once has a darling leader and yes he was a darling because he was good for one thing. Silencing free speech, locking up Journalists and basically taking away people's HUMAN RIGHTS. General Sanni Abacha was the nonentity that cost me my commonwealth status in the UK and now my visa to go over there even with a US green card is N120,00.

I once fled to Canada on a 5 year temporary asylum after violence on media houses during the 2007 election, and so did leaders like Bola Tinubu and many others in NADECO who are big time APC leaders today. Now word comes that an APC Senator wants to sponsor a bill which will nicely bring our Senators together and silence our FREEDOM of speech and expression on social media. 

This Social Media bill aims to lock critics up, but its not critics of Pastors, Nigerian masses, Religion, Prostitutes, tribes or any other in the list of things I already rip on social media in this country daily. It is specially and conveniently targeted to critics of the government. The Social media bill attempts to put us in jail for 7 years. What happens to us after the seven years and we criticize you again?

The Wall street Journal reported in 2011 that President Jonathan's win was largely powered by social media. Politicians want us to use social media to vote them in but not to discuss about them? There are far more issues today in Nigeria than 10 years ago.

I get delivery of water to my house because I don't have a bore hole yet in my temporary residence. The Water Corporation did not show up for two weeks and the private company also failed to show up leading me to call yet another tanker company for an N8000 delivery of water for my weekly household use. During that two weeks, I ended up doing what our university girls do in the hostels. I actually bathe with an N80 bag of Pure Water sachets which my son emptied in the bucket one by one. That was insanity in the first degree. That was just to avoid going to the stream behind my apartment.

Buy my dad is a high ranking politician my friend said. What does that have to do with anything? Water is a basic human right and every Nigerian has the right to it. Social Media is also a basic human right, so don't try to twist the 199 constitution in our faces. So if I write such a story of my experience on social media ripping the government all the way from local, to national on my lack of water, I am eligible to spend time in jail? I'm going hard on you.

Well then, lets bring back a dictatorship and you will see me join the military soon as I will be part of that government by FORCE! You cannot silence anyone on social media! We know the government is targeting Journalists and then ordinary citizens. Well, wait a minute, Pastors, Doctors and business men also target the government. Even Femi Fani-Kayode a former government official and politician who silences his critics is a critic himself and may be locked up too. Seun Kuti, JJ Omojuwa, Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo, FFK and even my arch enemy Kayode Ogundamisi are all eligible for some 7 year itch.

Prepare the cells because the criticisms just began. Mighty Joe the armed robber was executed by the government 40 years ago in June 1973 for stealing like N10 or so and a few other armed robbery kings like Oyenusi. These days, our politicians are stealing BILLIONS. Can we get the firing squad at Bar Beach back? We are going after you more than ever.

I am UNTOUCHABLE and to that I tell our Senators to Go and Die. If anyone bothers me, they may well be having a reunion dinner upstairs with Abacha tonight, the King of them all when it comes to killing free speech. Shout out to my mentor Journalism Senator Chris Anyanwu of Imo state. She's not going to vote for that mess I bet you.

"Kemi is an independent-minded person and she is not the kind of person you can suppress. She believes what she believes. Some of them may be wrong in other people’s system." Victor Omololu Olunloyo my father said in the Punch Newspapers 11/30/13. The Nigerian mind is independent and social media will stay that way! Independent!
Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo Pharm.D is an International Journalist, Clinical and Research Pharmacist and Social Media and PR Expert. She is also the News Director and Creator of HNN Africa.


This article may be Republished. 2013 Copyright HNN Africa Keminications Media    

Blog Archive