SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The 2008 TOYOTA YARIS DJ STYLUS EVENT IN TORONTO WAS A SUCCESS....


Looking sweet on the Stylus Group red carpet

Diane, Alda Lo and far right Jocelyn Blandford of the Stylus Group Per Sway who made it possible for HipHossip to cover this! Thanks to these DYNAMIC LADIES!!!

With Addie "Mindbender" Stewart of NOW Toronto magazine who promises to do a story on this site! Oh Yeah!!! OR he's going to the gallows!

Urbanology Magazine Publicist Craigg Slowly, me and Kevin Ash of Universal Music

With one of my sons, Eni who hooked himself up with 3 chics! Mom and son in da club!

With Canadian R&B Superstar Ray Robinson

With Flow 93.5FM's drivetime DJ Devo Brown

It was one fantastic evening and being my first one in Canada, it will be a yearly MUST! The evening began with Disc Jockeys from radio and clubs mingling together around the bar and red carpet with media interviews plus photo flashes everywhere.

I met Rudy Blair of 680 News and we did an interview with a small media outlet while we were there. We even spoke of my Media Idol campaign to get Rudy the winning vote. I met Wayne Williams, Program Director of Flow 93.5FM.

Above are Sean Dheju and his DJ brother from Hip-Hop Canada. Gail Philip of UMAC was also there and even Kevin Ash of Universal who's my good guy stay good unlike Rihanna good girl gone bad!LOL! Craigg Slowly of Urbanology magazine, the top hip-hop publication in Canada was also in the house amongst others.

The award show started promptly at 8pm with DJ Starting from Scratch kicking everything up on his sophisticated MAC laptop. A little power glitch ensued around 8:26pm and power was quickly restored in 5 minutes.




When it came time to winning the Toyota Yaris car, the winners of the fan choice awards came on stage and were all WOMEN! They were all given keys to the car and the first lady that went in there started the CAR! Save the best for FIRST!


With Canadian R&B Queen Kim Davis




PPlus of Flow 93.5FM show The Real Frequency also snagged an award for the Best Underground DJ while Montreal's Little Thunder won the Reggae DJ of the Year!


DJ Baby Yu
who is moving to Atlanta and I hear he's already working with the BEST over there. My pal Alex Gidewon who owns AG Entertainment and top club Velvet room plus I hear he's also doing gigs at the Compound club too in the ATL. Now with two DJ awards, it all all looks GOOD! Congrats to Baby Yu!



There were several highlights of the evening. DJ's won their respective trophies as well as a performance by the Kid Famous who rapped his way through his hit song "Canadian Boy." R&B Queen Kim Davis also performed on stage as well as other artists.

With Female DJ nominee DJ Queen of Spades

One category I was watching closely was the Female DJ of the Year which was won by Toronto's Mel Boogie. Wonder if she's related to Scott? LOL! One of her counterparts DJ Queen of Spades was such a darling as I met her and talked to her about the MC stuff.

One thing most of you don't know about me is that I am actually the 2007 Best female radio DJ of the year at Radio Nigeria's Premier FM 93.5FM before I came to Canada last June. Aside from being the Ryan Seacrest of women, being a Pharmacist, Publicist and Journalist all with three college degrees, I worked at Radio Nigeria as a News Anchor by day and DJ on "Ladies Night Jams" on Premier FM by night! In fact if Wayne Williams were to call me that Jeni or anyone in there was on vacation. I could fill in promptly. I will get some of my audio samples on the blog soon. Ha! Ha!



Jully Black
got an award for Canadian R&B Single of the Year for "DJ Play my song" and Alicia Keys won the International R&B Single of the Year while Kanye West won the same for the International hip-hop single of the Year.

Carl Allen was inducted into the Hall of Fame and DJ Starting from Scratch had the honor of inducting him as he had a lot of influence on Scratch. It was a sweet tribute!





The afterparty was at 6 degrees nightclub and we were transferred over there in a limo bus like the one L'il Wayne had in the video "Lollipop" except that this one was bigger. I did my rendition of the girls in the lollipop video in there. We were having a BLAST! This Toronto is all good! It's a year this week that I moved to Canada.

Later on I met my adult sons at the afterparties and they were sitting with three chics chilling instead of working the cameras. The food was supplied by Nandos and we had an array of drinks and energy pops. We danced and partied the night away. I want to specially thank Alda Lo, Jocelyn Branford, Mike Zafiris and the ENTIRE STAFF of the Stylus group for making Keminications Media and HipHossip part of this event. My media pass goes to my ever growing collection of neck media passes hall of fame in my suitcase closet and I would be there next year by GOD'S grace!

For the complete list of winners, Click here to the Stylus group website.
Please enjoy all the pictures and videos on YouTube! Below is the entire slide show!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive