SEARCH THIS BLOG.

Subscribe to my World News Updates

Translate

MY MUSIC CELEBRITY PHOTO ALBUM

Saturday, May 24, 2014

#HNNRoyalty The #Alaafin RECEIVES UN ADVOCATE OF PEACE AWARD in #NewYork


Princess Folasade Adeyemi wrote on her Facebook page: 
Congratulations Dad!..."@United Nations New York...His Imperial Majesty, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba (DR) Lamidi Atanda Adeyemi III, Oranyan of Yoruba...Receiving Senior Advocate of Peace....well deserved!"

The Alaafin center with his Queens, my dad Victor Omololu Olunloyo and me behind with palace guards (File Photo)
The most prestigious monarch in Nigeria is the Alaafin of Oyo and my father is the Head of that King's Army. Dad is called the Balogun of Oyo. Well, Alaafin has now received the Senior Advocate of Peace award at the UN and we all know for a fact that he's always been a PEACEMAKER. 

(R to L) Princess Sade, my niece Funlola Omitowoju, myself and Princess Nike her daughter
Princess Sade is a cultural icon and Ambassador to many events promoting the Oyo empire all over the world. I saw her last at my grandmother's funeral where we all celebrated her life and partied till it was 1999. 

KNOW your Nigerian history. Learn more about the Oyo empire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive